FENCING INSTALLATION CHECKLIST
1. How long has your company been in business under its current name?
2. Is your company licensed to operate in this county?
3. Does your company carry insurance, including liability and workman’s compensation?
4. Is there any pending legal action against your company?
5. Does your company pull permits?
6. Will you contact my utility company to verify the location of buried lines?
7. When is payment required? Do you require a deposit?
8. Will you provide a firm written contract?
9. Do you provide references from satisfied customers?
10. Will you use subcontractors for any part of the fence installation process?
11. Are you members of the AFA (American Fence Association)?
12. What is your policy for waste removal and cleanup?
13. What is the size (width 6ft, 8ft) of each fence panel you’ll be installing?
14. How deep will your company set the posts? Will you use concrete?
15. How will the slope in my yard be handled (if any)?
16. Will the owner or foreman of the fence company be present during the job?
17. When can you get started and how long will it take?
18. How should the fence be maintained when you have finished the job?
19. What is your fence warranty? Manufacturer’s warranty? How long will my fence last?
20. How long is your quote/estimate good for?
Additional Questions that Depend on Material
• If vinyl fence, what are my color options?
• If vinyl fence, who manufactures it? What is the wall thickness?
• If vinyl fence, are aluminum inserts added to strengthen the fence?
• If wood fence, what type of wood?
• If wood fence, is the wood pressure treated?
• If wood fence, does your company use galvanized nails/screws?
Most quality fence companies, with experience, won’t have any problems answering any of these questions and many will even have the information ready for you during their visit.